If you, like us, are always worried about how every little thing you do and purchase affects the Earth and try your best to decrease the damage that certain products may cause to the ecosystem, worry no more.
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of white or cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of rubbing alcohol with 70% of concentration
- 1 to 2 drops of essential oil for smell (optional)
Combine these ingredients on a spray bottle and spray on your windows next time you clean it. For mirrors, spray it on a paper towel or soft cloth before wiping.
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
Combine everything and store it. It is a great way of treating your hair.
- 1 grapefruit (or tangerine)
- ¼ of coarse sea salt.
- Slice the grapefruit (or tangerine) in half and sprinkle salt over it.
- Wet the tub or shower tiles and sprinkle the rest of the salt over it.
- Scrub everything. If you run out of salt, you can use a little bit more. On areas with more difficulties to access, you can also use the peel.
- Rinse. When everything is done, rinse it with water and your bathroom will be new.
- Washing soda
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Natural bar soap
- Grate de bar soap or mix it in a food processor until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 parts of washing soda, 2 parts of sodium bicarbonate and 1 part of grated bar soap.
- Store in a closed container and when to use, add 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup per load of landry.
- 2.5kg of sodium bicarbonate
- 2kg Soda Crystals
- 500g bicarbonate of soda
- 3 bars of soap
- 35 drops of essential oil.
Mix everything together and store it. Be aware that there is barely any sud when using it, but suds don’t mean clean.
You can also add 1kg of chlorine free of oxygenated bleach to get rid of stubborn stains.
- Spray bottle with water
- Baking soda
- Spray the entire interior of the oven with water making sure it is evenly damp.
- Add a layer of about ¼ inches of baking soda on the bottom of the oven.
- Leave the paste on for a few hours, with the oven turned off.
- After, wipe off the paste with a cloth or old towel.
- ¼ cup of white/cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1L hot water
- ½ a lemon
Mix everything together and store it in a spray bottle for better convenience. It can be used on kitchen surfaces, bedroom furniture, bathroom and general places.
- 1 tbsp castile soap.
- 15 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 cups of water
Combine all the ingredients in a spray bottle and shake gently. Spray it first on a cloth and then wipe it over surfaces.